When: 12-13th April
Discover innovative urban food projects by bike! In the context of the year theme “Urban greens, Rural blues”, RUW is going to Rotterdam. Rotterdam is an example case when it comes to urban agriculture and food production in the city.
How to set up a bee farm in the center of the 600.000-inhabitant city? How to market the products of urban farming and are they safe to eat? How can urban agriculture help solve climate change and social problems? Dont miss the chance to get the answers from the experts in the field!
This is the latest program for the trip, it is possible that other activities will be added.
– Departure from Wageningen by bus in the early morning
– Introductory lecture from Rotterdam Municipality and Edible Rotterdam
– Visit to DakAkkers – green roof garden and bee keeping
– Lunch in the park
– Bicycle excursion through Rotterdam
– Dinner at Hotspot Hutspot – an organic restaurant run by people from the neighbourhood.
– Visit to RotterZwam – mushroom farm in an old swimming pool
– Visit to Uit je eigen stad – urban agriculture & restaurant initiative
– Free late afternoon/ evening in Rotterdam. You travel back to Wageningen on your own accord.
The trip costs €33 per person. This includes: transport to Rotterdam, accommodation in a hostel for one night, all activities, bicycle rental and one dinner. This does not include the trip back to Wageningen, all other food and any personal expenses.
There are limited places available. Please subscribe before 24th March by sending an email to email@example.com with your full name and telephone number. You will receive a confirmation shortly afterwards. Your subscription is only complete when we receive your payment.