The Green Active Network (GAN) is a platform which unites all organisations and persons working on or interested in sustainability in Wageningen. The platform is a flexible and ‘living’ thing. Everyone who feels like joining is welcome. Communication within the GAN goes through the fb-page, and/or mailing list. Furthermore, there is a shared Drive and Google Calendar and every three months, the green organisations see each other in the Meet&Mingle meetings.
In order to strengthen the movement, we are looking for someone who will facilitate collaboration and communication between the organisations within Green Active Network. The ultimate goal is to make sure that everyone in Wageningen who wants to get active knows what activities are there and what each organisation is doing. The GAN Coordinator has support from all organisations within the GAN Network but operates independently.
The GAN Coordinator has five main tasks:
1. Visibility of the network and its organizations
Making sure that everyone interested in sustainability knows where to go. This includes the spreading the poster with all Green Active organisations and ensuring the presence and visibility of the network during the AID and other events. The coordinator has also freedom to organize other outreach activities.
2. Vision of the GAN Network
Facilitating development of the vision of the GAN Network. It should include answers to following questions: What do we stand for? What do the organisations have in common? What is our long time vision.?
Making sure that events organized by Green Active organizations are aligned. It could be for instance achieved by promoting the use of the Green Calendar, increasing collaboration by organizing Meet & Mingle meetings and other network events (e.g. brainstorming).
4. Internal communication
Keeping the GAN Google Drive and the contact list up to date and keeping an eye on the fb-page.
5. Knowledge aggregation and transfer
Making sure that information is not lost after one year but transferred successfully. It includes documentation of own activities and important information.
We are looking for:
- Someone who has a drive to connect and strengthen a local and diverse movement
- An interest in sustainability in Wageningen in all its forms
- Availability until September or December 2017
- Someone who is a true facilitator and connector
- Is available for 8 hours a week (or 4 when the position is shared)
What we can offer:
- Insights in the Wageningen green scene
- Possibility to meet inspiring, green-minded people and work together with multiple actors (such as Green Active organisations, students and the different University departments)
- Amazing opportunities for gaining professional working experience and personal development
- Building and being part of a sustainability network
- Developing and showing leadership, initiative and creativity
Please send your cv with a one-page motivation letter and cv at GANWageningen@gmail.com before 14/12/2016.
The new GAN coordinator will be elected on Thursday evening 19/01/2017 in Orion, so keep this day free. If you cannot attend this day, there is the possibility to send in a movie where you present yourself.
The position starts immediately after the election event.